Microsoft Word for Chromebook are inexpensive, quick, and easy to use, yet they lack certain desktop-level apps that many of you need. Google Drive allows office users to do almost anything. As wonderful as that is, most used to Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, and they can still use Microsoft Office on Chromebook Microsoft office machines.
Although you cannot install desktop versions of Microsoft Office on a Chromebook, you have other choices. You may be able to use Office in a limited capacity depending on the software you use on your Chromebook.
You may use Microsoft Office on the web with Google Chrome to use it on your Chromebook. We may stream it from your PC or use CrossOver to run Microsoft Office on your Chromebook.
Microsoft Mobile App On Mobile App
Microsoft used to provide Microsoft Office mobile applications for Chromebooks. But, they have discontinued, and Microsoft Office on the web is the preferred method to use Office on your Chromebook.
If you already have the applications installed, they will continue to function until the versions are no longer supported. But, you can no longer install the programs. Microsoft Office on the web is rather reliable, and you can use it on your microsoft word for chromebook by following the steps below.
Microsoft Office On the Web
Get Microsoft Office on the web, known as Microsoft Office Online, is the suite’s online version. You’ll be able to work on, edit, and share Office files straight in your browser using this. To use Microsoft Office on your Chromebook, you must connect to the internet, which is not ideal, but it does provide an option for Google Drive.
The greatest thing is that you can use a free account to access OneDrive and Microsoft Office online applications. You receive more perks and other services if you pay for an Office 365 membership, but using Microsoft Office programs online is optional. The good news is that these online programs are quite like their full-fledged desktop equivalents.
Sign up for Office online for free, then click the Upload and open. Option to access the Office document you wish to read or change.
Stream from a PC to Your Chromebook
Another alternative is to use a PC to run Microsoft Office and stream it to your Chromebook. It may be helpful since you can run the full desktop version designed for PCs, and it will have all the features and make no sacrifices. The primary disadvantage is that you will want another computer, so you should use the device with a complete desktop OS. It is still a fantastic method to use Microsoft Office on Chromebook PCs when traveling.
Before you begin, ensure that Microsoft Office and Google Chrome are installed on your computer. Also, ensure that your PC and Chromebook have a reliable internet connection.
I. Launch the Chrome browser on your computer and go to the Chrome Remote Desktop page.
II. Select the option to Set up remote access.
III. On your PC, install the Chrome Remote Desktop add-on.
IV. Return to your PC’s initial tab and give your machine a name.
V. Create a PIN with at least six numbers by clicking Next.
VI. If asked, enter the PIN you set up on your computer.
VII. You may now use your Chromebook to access your PC.
You might also take advantage of a PC cloud service such as Shadow. This firm provides Windows workstations that they may access through any suitable device. Windows, macOS, Ubuntu, Android, and iOS are all supported operating systems. You won’t see Chrome OS on the list, but remember that Chromebooks can run Android applications. Once everything is in place, you may install Photoshop on your remote Windows PC and stream it. Remember that Shadow isn’t cheap – monthly rates start at $29.99.
How to Run Chromebook Microsoft Office and Install
Install the Office mobile applications from the Google Play Store to use Office on your Chromebook. If your Chromebook instead utilizes the Chrome Web Store. You may install Office Online to create, edit, and collaborate on Office documents in your browser.
Check Chrome OS Systems Supporting Android App to see whether Chromebooks support the Office mobile applications from the Google Play Store.
A Chromebook cannot run the Windows or Mac desktop editions of Office 365 or Office 2016.
1. Navigate to the Google Play Store and look for the applications you wish to install.
You may also download an app by clicking on the following links.
Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, OneNote, Office Lens, or Skype for Business.
2. Select Install.
3. Once your app has been installed, launch them by clicking the Launcher on your Chromebook.
4. Sign in using your Microsoft Account or the account connected with your Office 365 subscription. For more information on how to sign in to Office for Android, see Install and Set Up Office on an Android.
How to use Microsoft Excel for Chromebook
You can use Microsoft Excel inside Google Docs if your Chromebook has internet connectivity. In the Chrome browser, go to Drive, pick “New,” and then Microsoft Excel.
If you don’t have other computers or tablets, this is a simple method to access excel for chromebook. Even if there are no computers, you can use your Chromebook to access the internet and operate Microsoft software such as Excel. It’s also beneficial if you need to open one file while working on another software.
How can I use The Microsoft Chromebook MS Office?
1. Launch Google Play on your Chromebook.
2. Type “Word” or “Microsoft Word” into the top search box. To search, use the enter key.
3. Microsoft Word should show up in your search results. Next to the app, click the green “Install” button, and it should start downloading.
4. The green “Install” button will change to “Cancel” while the software downloads and then to “Open” after it’s finished. To run the downloaded app, click “Open.” They may also access Microsoft Word from the Launcher.
5. A pop-up window will appear, prompting you to log into Microsoft Office. To provide Microsoft access to your photographs, media, and files, click “Allow.”
6. Sign in using your email address, phone number, or Skype name. To proceed, click the blue arrow or press ENTER.
7. On the following screen, enter your password. You may need more security measures if you log in with a corporate or university account. To finish the login procedure, follow any later instructions.
8. After signing in, you will be sent to the Microsoft Word site. They will show your most recent papers on the left side. To see more, click “More Open papers” at the bottom, or choose one of the templates to start a new project.
Crossover Runs Windows Apps.
Did you know you can run complete Windows software on a Chromebook? CrossOver is a service provided by Code Weavers that enables you to execute Windows apps on macOS, Linux, and ChromeOS PCs.
The program is expensive but can run several Windows applications on your Chromebook ms office. The buy also includes support, which is useful if you need help.